Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Little changes, big differences / Pequeños cambios, gran diferencia

I imagine that for Ian the kitchen was just a place where mommy was busy and had no time for him. Cooking always generated a stressful situation for me. Now every time I cook Ian accompanies me quietly. What has changed? I placed a small coffee table in the center of the kitchen for Ian -which means that I lost the table I was using as night stand :-). Now the kitchen is a place where we can “work” together. If I have to cook, I put something in his table that will capture his attention. For example, there's always fruits and vegetables that he likes to reorganize while I am saying their names, if it comes with a song, that’s far better to catch his attention (I need to search for some more songs). Moreover, this is the table where Ian is learning to leave his dish and spoon after eating. And now I think it’s time to involve Ian in the preparation of our food.

Me imagino que para Ian la cocina era solo un lugar donde mami estaba ocupada y no tenía tiempo para él. Cocinar siempre generaba una situación estresante para mí. Ahora cada vez que cocino Ian me acompaña tranquilamente. ¿Qué ha cambiado? He puesto una pequeña mesa en el centro de la cocina para Ian -lo que significa que me he quedado sin mesa de noche :-). Ahora la cocina es un lugar donde podemos “trabajar” juntos. Si tengo que cocinar, pongo algo en su mesita que pueda captar su atención. Por ejemplo, siempre hay fruta y verdura que a él le gusta reorganizar mientras le voy diciendo sus nombres, si es con una canción muchísimo mejor (debo buscar por algunas), es la mejor manera para captar su atención. Además esta es la mesa donde Ian está aprendiendo a dejar su plato y cuchara después de comer. Y en adelante pienso involucrar a Ian en la preparación de nuestra comida.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails