Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A short visit / Una visita muy breve

The day that we planted flower seeds, I discovered that the entrance of our house is a nice place where Ian and I can do many things. There is a grapefruit tree that gives good shade, there is a patch of lawn (that needs a mow) and a garden ready to flourish (so I hope). Currently, one of the first activities of the day is to water our garden, by the way today I noticed that some of our seedlings have sprouted; at least I hope that they are our seeds and not some weeds.

El día que sembramos las semillas de flores, descubrí que la entrada de nuestra casa es un lugar acogedor donde Ian y yo podremos hacer muchas cosas. Hay un árbol de toronjas que da buena sombra, hay césped (que necesita cuidado) y un jardín a punto de florecer (espero). Ahora, una de las primeras actividades del día es salir a regar nuestro insipiente jardín, por cierto hoy he visto algunas plantitas naciendo, pero no estoy segura de si son producto de mis semillas o es mala hierba.


One day, while watering the lawn I saw something that seemed to be a very strange stone, but when I went to grab it for Ian’s collection, I got a huge scare! It was not a stone, it was a huge frog – maybe a toad. In the past I would have ran away, but I thought that Ian would like to see our visitor. Far from being startled, Ian wanted to touch it, but I told him that he was asleep and that we must not annoy it. That day we made many trips to see the frog. Every few minutes when Ian remembered, he said “Frog”, took my hand and took me to the garden; he approached with great care and said to me “shhhh” not to make any noise because, of course, the frog was sleeping. The next day, the first word he uttered when he awoke was “FROG” and ran toward the garden, but Mr. Frog had already left.

Un día, mientras regábamos el césped vi algo que parecía ser una piedra muy extraña y, como ando recolectando “material” para Ian, me acerque para observarla de más cerca y, vaya susto! no era una piedra, era un enorme sapo. En otra ocasión habría salido corriendo, pero pensé que Ian debería conocer a nuestro visitante. Lejos de asustarse Ian quiso tocarlo, pero le dije que dormía y que no debemos molestarlo. Ese día hemos salido muchas veces a ver al sapo. Cada vez que Ian lo recordaba me decía Frog, tomaba mi mano y me llevaba al jardín; se acercaba con mucho cuidado y me decía shhhh para que no hiciera ruido, claro, el sapo esta durmiendo. Al dia siguiente, la primera palabra (no tiene muchas en realidad) fue FROG y salió corriendo hacia el jardín, pero el Sr. Frog ya se había marchado.




In spite of that, we keep taking care of our garden: Ian prefers watering the plants rather than picking up the leaves.

A pesar de eso seguimos cuidando nuestro proyecto jardin: Ian prefiere regar las plantas en lugar de recoger las hojas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails